Take your photos from “ok” to “WOW!” with our new course featuring our expert photographers from around the world.
Ready to take better photos with your iPhone? Time to stop winging it! It’s a foundational photography course taught by our community of global Flytographers covering:
- The technical features of your iPhone with Kimon in Santorini
- Composition and storytelling with Krystal in Paris
- Editing and organizing photos with Natalie in Honolulu
- iPhone videography tips with Jimmy in London
Missing international travel? Take a virtual vacation as you learn from Greece, France, Hawaii, and England. The course is video-on-demand so you can watch at your own pace and stop and start at any time.
Duration: 2 hours
Want to really take your photos to the next level? We have a brand-new set of gorgeous presets that you can apply to your photos, whether on mobile and desktop. Bundle up to receive 25% off when you purchase the Flytographer Lightroom Preset Collection with the course! Learn more about our presets here.
What topics will the course cover?
Module 1 – Technical | Instructor: Kimon in Santorini
- What kinds of lenses you have on your iPhone and how to use them
- How to use depth of field in your photos
- What “zoom” means on your iPhone (and why you shouldn’t use it!)
- How to use different camera modes
- How to capture moving subjects and eliminate blur
- What exposure is and how to control it on your iPhone
- What HDR is and when to use it
- When and how to use flash
Module 2 – Composition | Instructor: Krystal in Paris
- Basic elements and principles of design as they relate to photography
- What the Rule of Thirds means (and when you can break it!)
- Why light is so important in photography
- Why cloudy days provide the best conditions for light
- Why setting is an important consideration
- How bokeh can make your subject pop
- Some tips and ideas for posing your subject and making them feel comfortable
- Why storytelling is a great way to relive your memories
Module 3 – Editing | Instructor: Natalie in Honolulu
- How to cull your photos and mark them for editing
- What a preset is and how to use one
- Best practices for cropping and straightening your horizons
- What white balance means and how to use it for colour-correction
- The difference between sharpening and clarity and when to use
- The difference between file formats raw, jpg and HEIC
- How to find and use your iPhone’s built-in editing app
- Three of our favourite editing apps and how to use them
- How to manage your iPhone library with folders
- How to create and organize new albums
- How to back up your photos on your computer and the cloud
- Ideas and tips for printing
Bonus Module – Video | Instructor: Jimmy in London
- How to turn your video on and what the aspect ratio will be
- Why it’s important to shoot horizontally
- The basics of frame rate and resolution and how/when to adjust them
- Best practices for stabilizing your camera
- Why you only need to record short clips at a time
- Why it’s important to review all your clips before you start editing
- How to use iMovie to edit your clips and build your movie
- Recommendations for advanced editing apps
And so much more!
Who is this course for?
Better Everyday Photos with Your iPhone is a course designed for everyone who loves taking photos and knows they have a powerful tool in their pockets, but they just haven’t had any training on how to use it and feel like they are “winging it” most of the time. They want to take their photos to the next level and be able to capture and share beautiful moments in their life.
What will I learn from this course?
Better Everyday Photos with Your iPhone will teach you how to stop “winging it” and how to take photos with intention. It will cover technical features on your iPhone camera so you know how to use your equipment, composition, and artistry so you can develop your eye, and editing to take your photos from “ok” to “WOW!” with a few tweaks. We also teach you how to organize your photos and even have a special bonus section on video.
Do I need any photography experience to take this course?
No, this course is for beginners as well as those who have some experience but would like to know more.
Do I need special equipment?
This course is meant for iPhone users, and the technical section will be specific to that. If you are an Android user, however, you can still benefit from the other modules (composition, editing, and video) which are not iPhone-specific.
Can I view this on multiple devices (phone, tablet, and desktop)?
Yes, the course can be watched on all of these devices!
Do I have to watch all of the content at one time?
No, you can go at your own pace. You have lifetime access to the course and can watch as little or as much at one time as you like. The course software will record what you have watched so you can always pick it up at the same place. You can also rewatch lessons as often as you like.
Do I need any skills with computers?
This course is delivered online and therefore will require you to create an account and login each time you wish to watch. There is a how-to guide at the start of the course that will give you an overview of how to use the software — it is very easy!
How long do I have access to the course?
You have lifetime access to this course, so you can watch and rewatch it as often as you like!
Do I need to buy any editing software for this course?
No, you do not need to purchase any additional programs or materials to use this course. We do recommend a few editing apps in Module 3 but they are completely optional.
What is your refund policy?
We offer a 7-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the course. Please email us at email@example.com within 7 days of purchase to chat with our Customer Experience team. After 7 days, we cannot refund in full or partial.
I need help!
We are here for you! Please email our Customer Experience team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer you as soon as we can.